Monday, March 23, 2009

There Was One Piece Of Birthday Cake Left. ...

And I thought about not eating it. Why? Because then I would have to dispose of the box. But, it was made out of paper, so I could recycle it. Then, if my parents see this morning that I put the frosting-encrusted container in alongside the other newspapers they'd accuse me of being a pig, and I don't want to have to deal with that. But, I can't bring myself to throw perfectly recyclable material in the trash. Hell, I even thought of eating the cake and putting the box back in the refrigerator, but the butter croissants are under the box, and they'll probably eat those in the morning, so I don't want to be regarded as a fool after they pick up the box and realize it's empty and go, "Did our idiot son put back an empty cake box in the fridge?" So for a second I just thought not to eat the cake because it was so fucking complicated.

But in the end I did eat it. And my Grandmother has started putting papers into a bag, so I folded up the cake box and put it in the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment