Saturday, August 7, 2010

Rough Afternoon

Thought I had a good night's sleep.  But the combination of yardwork for an hour, walking around the golf course under a blistering sun and drinking alcohol while watching the 3M Championships made this a very bad past 75 minutes.

I was crashing bad when I got on the school bus to take us back to the parking lots.  Unfortunately I got off at the wrong tent.  I saw my car on the other side of the fence and thought it was the closest one; however, there was no fucking hole I can go through to get to the other side.  So I had to walk all the way down to the end, where the road was, then go back up to reach my car.  That's 10 minutes I'll never get back.

I tried taking a nap in my bed.  I had enough space on both sides of me to open up the front doors of my car so I could get rid of the hot air building inside it over the past hour since I parked it as well as create a tunnel where the wind (and it is blowing this afternoon) would zip through it and cool me off.  However, the sun was too strong, and I didn't have time to just stay there, or at least so I thought.

I was too tired to think about my itinerary for tonight; come to think of it, I still don't know.  I decided to go to Uptown and make up for buying the wrong drink yesterday and getting a cold press this time around.  (It's not bad.)  However, and I hate to admit this, I don't remember driving down here.  I was that tired.  OK, I kind of take that back -- I was in a daze driving until the two incidents where I had to wake up and change lanes because the cars in front of me were too slow.  And I still barely remember those, and I totally forgot all the details.  I swear I was tired enough that I could've gotten into an accident.

But I made it safely to my parking spot, where I decided this is where I'll take a nap.  And despite the traffic noise I passed out, mostly because I managed to park in the shade and I was dead damn tired.  And I was about to let "taking a nap" be my itinerary as I slipped into the beautiful embrace of unconsciousness ... until I choked on my saliva and coughed myself awake.  I've done that a few times in my life and it always pisses me off because there are fewer more violent ways to wake up than to feel like you're choking.  I looked at the clock in the car; I think I was out for five minutes.  It could've been 50, and I wouldn't have minded.

Maybe the stripclub is out; the girl I like talking to but sucks at dancing is working this shift, and I don't feel like either giving her money or ducking her.  Maybe I'll just go back into my car after this and sleep before heading to the gym.  That sounds mighty nice right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment