Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sorry, Father, I Didn't Follow Your Instructions ... Again ...

The reason things go in one ear and out the other, Father, is that you never seem to listen to my requests and, more importantly, my needs.  So that's the explanation for not completely editing your complaint letter to your specificities.  I mean, you were nice about it, you really were.  But a part of me thinks this complaint letter, which you specifically said was to complain for its own sake, is bullshit.  And another part of me still is angry over the way you've raised me.  And a part of me was just flat-out tired.

Yes, you had two requests.  And I only fulfilled one of them, namely changing all the pronouns in the first person plural to the first person singular so that you would be the only voice complaining.  I'm sorry I didn't do the second request, which was eliminating the last, "Please contact me as soon as possible" cordial paragraph.  I screwed up, OK?

Looks like you sent it anyway.  No big whoop either way -- like you said, it's just a complaint letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment