Sunday, August 29, 2010

Man, hosting people who are in town takes a lot of money!  I don't really have the cash to spend.  Unfortunately, because they're budgeting for a year-long trip around the U.S., neither do they.  And yet because we are trying to see the best of the Twin Cities, we're pissing money out of our wallets left and right.

For both of our sakes, we've got to stop the vacation spending.  I should pay for their tickets to the play I want to see tomorrow, and then breakfast Monday morning, and we'll be on our merry ways.  Otherwise, we'll grow to resent each other and our profligate ways.

I feel better about hosting after today; when I woke up this morning I was talking to myself about how am I going to entertain these people.  But you know, it was really, really nice, and the day went by smoothly.  Now I just have to make sure I do it again without making us lose our shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment