Thursday, August 5, 2010

Father seemed OK when I called him this morning when I was really calling Mother. Then I tried to call her on her cell this afternoon and I got him instead; I hate it when he answers her phone, even if she's driving. For the first time in a long time he took the remote from me and changed the channel; I was watching the PBS Newshour talking about the striking down of Proposition 8. And then he wanted to talk to me about Favre.

Later, way after dinner, I heard loud noises coming from downstairs. Mother's voice, as it always is. Were they fighting, was she just yelling at him? Finally, while I'm working on my laptop up here, the connection suddenly cuts off. At first I thought it was the modem being buggy again, but then I see that there's no connection whatsoever. After I run downstairs, I saw it unplugged -- just the way I had it unplugged (to keep it from overheating) when they came home from work. So maybe Father is following my lead ... or is he responding to the tongue-lashing he got from Mother and taking it out on me by cutting me off from my Internet while I'm up here?

I don't like this. I really don't. This means I have to make sure I get up early tomorrow and check if My Father has decided to throw any of my stuff out. He could be in one of those moods again. And just when I thought things were going so good. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment