Saturday, August 14, 2010

RIP, Brookdale, For Real

I knew this was coming, but I didn't really know for sure because I couldn't get there the past couple or few months or so.  But today was the first time I was able to get to Brookdale, or at least Sears Brookdale.

I was helping out Mother at work, and afterward she needed to go there to pick up glasses.  She wanted to take some time to shop, so that allowed me to go to the entrance where Sears connected to the rest of the mall.

As I suspected, there was no entrance.  Actually, a huge plastic screen closed off the threshold.  I could see through it and into the mall, where there was absolutely nothing -- no stores, no people, no life.  If I had the same vantage point the last time I was there, I might have been able to see a Foot Locker -- or was it Champs Sports, I don't know -- down the hall; otherwise, the view would've been the same.

Just now I saw the article saying that Brookdale was officially shut down as of the end of business Monday, April 26.  I thought I visited after that date when I bought those things at Champs Sports -- or was it Foot Locker, I don't know -- but I guess it's been longer than I thought, and I guess I too avoid death when I smell it coming.

As I said before, sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment