Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Another Death Of Another Mouse

Just now I was putting in a bag of fertilizer I just bought in the backdoor shed.  There was a gluetrap Father asked me to put in a corner.  There was a mouse in the gluetrap.  Probably scurried in there to escape the rain overnight and met its death.

Except it wasn't dead.  Either because of the sudden penetration of the sun or the commotion I caused when opening the door, the mouse suddenly began to move his arms around.  It was useless, of course, and I saw him struggle for life ... "Please, help me ..." ... for only a second before I couldn't bear it.

Before shutting the door I thought about throwing some food next to him, something like some grass or something.  But I didn't want to get my hands dirty pulling something out of the ground for him, and maybe Father will get mad if he sees the gluetrap with some grass next to it and deduce I was trying to keep the poor rat alive.  No, it was futile.  And I shut the door.

My God, I just realized -- if he came in overnight, and he's struggling even till now ... my God, he's been alive all this time??

No comments:

Post a Comment