Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Allergies? What Allergies? Oh, Those Allergies.

People have been saying this is the worst allergy season ever.  I thought every spring is the worst allergy season ever, at least according to me.  But when people were reporting that a week ago, I wasn't feeling anything -- no runny nose, no scratchy eyes, no sneezing, no nothing.

I had not been taking my leftover Nasonex from last year yet.  But hearing the reports, I decided to break it out.  Thank Buddha it still works!  It was like a godsend for me last year, when I was prescribed it.  It actually helped with things, unlike Claritin or any of the pills I tried taking.

I was reminded that I needed ot use it every day when I tried going without it during a rainy day a couple days ago.  I thought there wouldn't be any allergies because everything would be washed out, so I didn't snort the Nasonex.  But apparently there was enough pollen in the air, or allergies are activated by heat, or something, because I was sneezing and scratching like a motherfucker.

Furthermore, today was the first day where I used it and I didn't feel the effects as strongly as I did before.  Late in the afternoon I had to take out my Kleenex a few too many times, even though I followed the instructions and snorted 11 hours before I needed it the most (because that's when the instructions say you need to do it before to achieve maximum effect -- I think).  I am running out, and it is a year old.  That worries me, especially since I don't know if my allergies will act up on my vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment