Thursday, May 19, 2011

I think I've been so busy with working that ... I haven't realized till tonight that today (Thursday) is my last day working there.  I have mixed feelings.  On the one hand, I am leaving after a month; even though this new type of "test-driving" new questions has reinvigorated me, I don't know if I could do this 40 hours a week.  Best to leave while not burning too many bridges with the surly attitude that was bound to come out given time.

On the other hand ... shit, I could still use the money.  And after adjusting my body to a "normal" schedule, I "get" to revert back to my normal schedule of waking up at 1 in the afternoon.  That's great for my body, and for my writing, but it's not good for the pocketbook.  Hell, I just saw my credit card statement online.  Even stripping away all entertainment expenses, I will have charged another $500 on my card this month.  No huge ancillary things, just gasoline mostly.  Which means I need money, money I won't have after I lose my job, which is today.

As much as I like my freedom from indentured servitude, which all work is, I will miss the job and, most importantly, the people I've been working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment