Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Downtown Minneapolis Is Pushing Me Away

Going to the Gophers' game at Target Field on Sunday. Usually Washington Ave. is free, so I can park somewhat close to the ballpark on the street. I used to be able to park on one of the main drags, 1st Ave. on Sundays to get to work. But they've made those meters over there enforceable seven days a week. So I had to park a little farther away from the heart of downtown.

Well, when I parked on Washington Sunday, I made sure I could still park there without paying. But then I saw the sticker on the post (they went from basic meters to these new digital posts) that said that they are now daily. Fuck!!! You kidding me??? There's nobody fucking here and now I can't park on Washington any day without paying?!?!

So now I have to park at a meter just off of Wash, thus pushing me farther away from Target and closer and closer to the bad part of downtown. Great. Pretty soon I'll just use the commuter rail to go in.

No comments:

Post a Comment