Friday, May 20, 2011

Back To Unemployment -- And Freedom!

Today ends my last day at my day job.  And with no night job prospects in sight, I am going back to the two jobs I did before finding real, full-time work: Being a PCA for Grandmother and being a hearing subject at the University of Minnesota.
There actually is some good in that.  First of all, this means I can finally start planning, let alone packing, for my trip to Europe next week.  I really, truly haven't thought about it at all till now.  Also, I haven't been writing as much as I should, and the company I think I'm propping up by myself is woefully barren of content.  I can fill that now that I have time.  And as much as it felt appropriate -- and oddly easy -- to set my body clock to wake up in the morning and work like everybody else's in the world, it's time for me to march to the beat of my own drummer.  I think I'm just a guy who has to wake up at noon and go to sleep at 6 in the morning.

But of course there's a downside.  I go back to my credit card, where I cut off most entertainment charges and still have to pay $500 this month.  If that's just me going out and doing stuff, I have two choices: Don't go out and do stuff (easier said than done; I mean, I'm not dead), or find a job.  And the two I still have don't count.

I'll be back on the grind, at least for a while, or maybe/unless I finally get my butt back to school.  In the meantime, I have some packing to do.  Well ... actually I have some fun stuff I want to do tonight.  I'll get around to packing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment