Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Another Reason Sirius XM Sucks: The New Beta Online Player That Doesn't Work

Sirius XM started popping this screen when I tried to open the online player about a couple months ago. We are testing a new online player and want you to try it! Or something like that. I don't think I've ever been offered beta testing for this player when I'm at home, but I usually get it when I'm at My Favorite Coffeehouse (Late-Night Division). Maybe that's because they get cable there.

Kewl! I thought. But when I tried logging in, they couldn't recognize my username and password. Sirius XM is stupid that way; I think I have two usernames and passwords, one for using the online player, the other for accessing my account, which is something I rarely do. (Shit, there might be a third one when I go to their online store.) Why can't I just fucking use one??

But it seems as if I can't even use one to try this new beta player. I tried going in again, and it doesn't work again. After a few tries I gave up and closed the player, then tried opening up the old one. But I immediately was brought to the login page for the beta, not the old one. So I just gave up and listened to my iTunes.

Whenever I've gone to My Favorite Coffeehouse (Late-Night Division), I keep getting sent to the new beta player, and every time I try to login I can't. How in the fuck can Sirius XM fail to fix this bug for so long? Maybe it's me? I guess I should alert them, but I don't care enough to think I should proactively let them know something new they're offering me doesn't work. Isn't this their responsibility?

If this beta is going live, then this will be the only player I can listen to satellite radio online through. It should be bug-free. That it continually isn't means either it's me or they're not professional enough to correct this.

No comments:

Post a Comment