Sunday, April 29, 2012

Expenses Without Receipt

Starting from the 15th:
  • We actually go to Tuesday, Tax Day.  I went to the library to copy my filings, but I hit something on the copier to copy each of my filings on both sides of the copy.  Goddamn.  Total spent on such waste: $1.30.
  • Edited to add back in: After I filed my taxes I went to both Arby's and McDonald's to cash in on special Tax Day deals.  Arby's had a coupon, and the guy there gave me another set of fries!  Inbetween fast food visits I'm pretty sure I hit the new coffee place I usually go to now weeknights.  Coffee and tip: $2.
  • On Thursday I think -- once again I only think -- that I tried the new coffeeshop at the mall closest to me.  This is the one that replaced the cheap, help-yourself coffee "stand" that was there.  It has a Sami theme; the Sami is the indigenous tribal peoples of Norway.  Should go here more often because I can get its wi-fi.  Coffee with tip is a cheap: $1.75.
  • Then I went to the Howler concert at the U. later that night.  But first I decided to go to the Library across the street because I would rather watch hockey than listen to opening bands.  Luckily the Library had a special on Sloppy Joes.  Had two.  Yummy, and very cheap at two bucks.  With beer and tip: $9.
  • Howler is good.  The Next Best Thing?  I don't know, especially since they get so much hype from NME.  But I don't mind paying a ticket and tossing the Varsity tip for the Pabst Blue Ribbon tallboy I bought from them.  Total: $18.
  • Friday I tried this place called Tony's Sandwich King.  It used to be a straight sushi place, but I guess there isn't much of a sushi-eating crowd in the northern suburbs of the Twin Cities, so they expanded to All-American food.  However the layout is still Japanese, and there is still sushi served.  In fact, I saw two guys eating sushi right there.  I got the Monster and a side of fries with hot ranch dressing.  The fries were tasty, but I wouldn't've bought them if I knew the Monster came with a side of fries.  Total: $12.57.
  • Orange Julius, with tip: $4.
  • I then went to be a tube pig.  Their free parking is closed, so I had to park in the lot across the street.  I was assured I could park there for free, but the parking attendant bitch said I still needed to pay.  In fact, since there was an event going on, I had to pay even more inflated prices: $6.
  • I was overdue for exercise.  One-time gym admission: $3.
  • Lovely Creatures Cabaret show.  Goddamn, chicks who can dance are hot, even if pasties cover their nipples.  Cover, coffee and tips: $13.50.
  • I usually go home after the burlesque show.  But tonight I knew was my best night to pick up a North Star Roller Girls ticket at Red's Savoy.  So I decided to eat there (which I charged to my credit card) and then buy a ticket, which has to be cash only: $12.
  • Saturday, coffee at the mall.  With tip: $1.75.
  • The concert.  Went to the Depot next door between opening and main.  When I bought my Hutchinson ticket I was also given a dollar off coupon for a drink there.  Pabst Blue Ribbon was already three bucks, so minus a buck, plus tip: $3.
  • Late-Night Coffee: $3.
  • Strip club.  Tips only: $8.
  • Late-Night Italian: $13.50.
  • This is why I love to work: I am so busy I did not crack open my wallet between Sunday (when I used my credit card) and Friday, when I finally went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition) and tipped the babes and got a dance with Carissa: $30.
  • Late-Night Coffee: $3.
  • Saturday I wanted to work on my sports column, so after the Twins game was rained out I went to the Megamall (I'm going there a lot.  I went there tonight.  It's becoming a place I escape to, which is bad because it's so far).  After lugging my laptop all around for an open spot while the mall is packed, I finally saw the perfect table at Caribou open.  It's perfect because it's one of the two or three sitting next to a plug.  I should buy a battery.  Unfortunately, after I bought a big mocha and planned to be there for hours, I was told that their Internet was busted.  Still had to pay for my large mocha (with tip): $5.25.
  • So I had to go to another coffeeshop, on the Convention Center side of downtown, to work on my column.  Except that I didn't work on my column because I forgot to blog on WAF.  At least their Internet worked.  And I only got cheap coffee (also with tip) for: $2.
  • North Star Roller Girls.  PBR with tip: $7.
  • Stripclub.  Did not get coffee, but I did get a dance with Cicily: $28.
Possibly caught up to the present day.

No comments:

Post a Comment