Saturday, April 14, 2012

It Costs How Much?!?!

Two ways I spent more than I thought I would today:
  • I plan on going to the Eric Hutchinson concert at First Ave. next Saturday. He is the guy who sings "Watching You Watch Him," which probably is the most infectious song I've heard in a long time. Here are both official videos for it:


So I go to the restaurant next door to buy a ticket. The bartender tells me $20. Before I could say, "$20?" I see myself giving her my Andrew Jackson and then walk away. I swear I thought the Hutchinson ticket was only $15.
  • I then went to the Swarm game tonight. This would be my last opportunity to see them in the regular season; even though they're home the next two Saturdays, next Saturday is the concert I talked about above, and the next Saturday I have a North Star Roller Girls bout I need to go to. I was amped, however, because I remembered where I put a Swarm coupon that essentially gave me a free ticket. I got this during freshman orientation/the first week of classes at the U. in the fall, and I was really happy with myself that I remembered that I wanted to save this coupon for when I could use it, eight months later. But when I went up to the box office booth, she waited for me to give her $17. No, that's not a voucher worth $17, that's a coupon that says tickets are now worth $17. They sell at $20, so the slip of paper I thought was a voucher was only a coupon worth $3 off. So I spent a total of $22 more than I thought I would.
Fuck my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment