Tuesday, April 24, 2012

No More Lottery

Good news is The Store hasn't closed -- yet.  The bad news is that over dinner Father asked me how to find the latest winning lottery numbers ... because they have ended their contract with the Minnesota State Lottery.

I remember the first day of the lottery, April 17, 1990.  We're Chinese, so it was natural that The Store would sell lottery tickets, which started off only with scratch-offs.  (The first actual lottery game, Powerball, began in April 1992.)  I remember my parents coming home and dumping this huge bag of used-up lottery tickets (the first scratch-off game had the Minnesota State Lottery loon logo, which they use to this day) right in front of my brother, Grandmother and I while my brother and I were playing.  I was blown away.  I thought, This legalized form of gambling is popular!

And now it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment