Monday, April 16, 2012

Taxes Reaming Up The Butt

Tomorrow is Tax Day. After working out tonight (as a bid to avoid my overbearing parents) I will put the finishing touches on both my federal and state -- which I owe, combined, a grand.

I made less than $30,000 last year over nine companies. Yes, I withheld little because, I have been told, if I did increase my withholding in an effort to mete or even neutralize any tax I owe this time of year, I would in effect be giving the government my money. (The way I'm doing it now I am basically borrowing the cash I owe the country and state to do what I want, preferably investing it so I can keep it for myself.) But this still hurts, a lot.

I am in no way middle-class. Shit, I think I'm closer to poverty than gainful employment, and getting to stay with my folks is the only reason I can even stay afloat. And now I'm not doing even that: The cellphone and telephone bills are eating me alive, and even after I cut back on stripclubbing, what money I do earn is taken by this fucking wallop of a tax charge.

It wasn't this bad last year; in fact, I think I made a profit. Partly that was because I didn't work for nine companies in 2010, but also because I was able to take advantage of, I think, the Making Work Pay Credit. I have been trying to find last year's tax copies because I knew there was a deduction I made last year, and someone from the library when I visited yesterday reminded me of it. The Making Work Pay Credit lopped off, I think, $400 for those making under a certain amount, of which I was one. Without that, I think I needed to give the government $600.

But now that's gone -- thank you, teabagger Republicans in Congress. And I have to give 1/30th of what I made in 2011 while people making two, ten, a thousand times what I make get away with a tax rate lower than mine. Fuck all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment