Monday, May 12, 2014

Expenses Without Receipt (Scheduled Post)

Starting from Sunday, May 11:
  • Went to the gym to finally lose some pounds.  Gained it all back with all the shit I ate afterward, but, oh, well: $3.
  • To Saturday the 10th ... Although I didn't think I had the time, I needed to get off my feet as soon as I got done with walking through the Matisse exhibit at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.  Man, I'm getting old, but I think it's the allergies that caused the joints in my hips and knees to inflame to the point where I tried sitting down as many times I could find a bench.  OK, if it wasn't allergies it was how I slept the night before.  I thought about grabbing something to eat on the way back home (so I could take a nap) but I decided to try the new restaurant at MIA, Grain Stack.  The cheapest thing there was the soup, which du jour was curry lentil.  And you know what?  It wasn't bad!  That's why I won't think the price is a ripoff.  With tip: $7.
  • Went to the Gopher baseball game, even with the threat of rain.  Both teams played as if they had planes to catch, even though they play one more time Sunday afternoon.  We got through almost eight innings (seven outs left to go) before the umpire called the teams off the field because he felt it was going to rain hard, which it did.  That was around 8.  At a little after 9 the public address announcer said that play would resume around a quarter to 10, maybe 9:50.  And like a little bitch, I decided to leave.  Honestly, if I had blogged that day, I would have stuck it out, but I hadn't yet, and the free wi-fi at Siebert Field sucks, so I decided to take off.  Hot dog, souvenir-sized Coke (the weather right now is fucking me up; it was raining when I started my walk to Siebert, then the sun came out and I felt extremely hot, then the clouds started to roll in so I zipped up my sweater, then it started to rain and I felt really cold ... I thought I was going to be really thirsty for the souvenir-sized Coke) and program: $10.75.
  • Afterwards, Caffetto.  I think I pissed off the guy when he was taken an exorbitant amount of time getting the whip cream dispenser to work.  I think he thinks I'm an asshole.  Shit, do I have to find another coffeeshop?  Hot chocolate with tip comes out to: $2.75.
  • I then finished my night off with a trip to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition).  Coffee and tips came out to: $10.
  • Friday, May 9 -- Mother texted me before my drive home from work.  The contractor guy who redid the house was hired to fix a busted pipe, and Mother needed to know when I was coming home so she could leave.  But the contractor's huge truck took up essentially two of the three spots on the driveway.  I parked behind my parents' minivan, but as soon as I drove up Mother came out the door to tell me I needed to park on the street so she could leave.  Well, if I'm going to have to move my car later in the evening from the street, I might as well make a night of it.  So after dinner I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division) for coffee and tips.  Found a dollar bill on the floor.  Was very slow and highly conspicuous as I slowly lifted up the buck for all to see before putting it in my wallet.  With that savings I ended up paying only: $10.
  • And then afterward (I stayed partially because I wanted to see the Wild close out the 4-2 Game 4 win over Chicago) I went to Caffetto.  Was all coffeed out, so I decided to have one of their unique bottles of soft drinks.  There's such a thing as Route 66 Root Beer.  I love all things Route 66 -- I hope to drive it one day -- so I got that, as well as, finally, a chocolate-dipped orange shortbread cookie.  With tip it came out to: $5.
  • Have to go all the way back to Monday the 5th, when I got double-teamed.  The girls are fighting now.  Hoo-boy, maybe having ***e* come over to clean the house was a mistake.  I might talk about it later: $130.
  • Sunday, May 4 ... Did some gym time: $3.
  • Decided to go to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition).  I don't want to be responsible anymore, I want to escape and I want to forget.  Screw that it's Sunday night.  Sasha asked me for a dance and I had to say yes.  She's great and so was the dance, but if I hadn't looked her way when she looked my way, I would've saved twenty bucks.  Nevertheless, I didn't.  That, stage tips and Sprite with tip (I have to go one day without coffee): $31.
  • Extended my night further at My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place.  Just a salad; water, not even Coke.  With tip: $4.25.
  • Saturday the 3rd ... Decided at work to go to the Kentucky Derby after work.  I bet $18 on four bets, and it's the fourth and final bet, one that I gave little thought to until I reached the track, that I won on: Commanding Curve, which finished second, I bet three bucks for it to Show.  I should have bet five bucks on it like the other three wagers I made; probably would've made around twenty dollars if I did, but I got only $23.10 from that win, and since I made $18 worth of bets, I made an Infusion of only: $5.10.
  • I then remembered watching the Channel 4 news Thursday.  Every Thursday a reporter reports on the "Best of Minnesota" in a bunch of categories.  This week it was Best Taco, and the one restaurant they showed (which is voted on by fans through social media) was in Shakopee, the same city as Canterbury Park.  So I took the five-minute drive and waited a half-hour to see if these guys were up to snuff.  Man, the place was packed and the guy who was helping me at the cash register (one of the brothers featured in the piece) looked harried and unhappy.  But the authentic carnitas flour soft shell tacos were very good.  With dollar tip: $10.55.
  • After eating all day (starting with the Glam Doll Donuts I bought Thursday and the Twix ice cream sandwich at work), I really wanted to get my body jump-started and finally got to the gym to work out, if only for an hour.  Admission: $3.
  • Then I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version).  The place was so busy that the waitress did not see me and therefore did not get me coffee.  Also, one of the four strippers scheduled did not make it, so instead of four girls rotating on stage every 15 minutes, it was only three every 20 minutes.  No matter; there were so many guys there that I'm guess all three of them made a lot of dollars.  And I gave a couple to each of the three: $6.
  • Finally finished my long, fun night at My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place.  Hope I don't regret eating the expensive pizza I get like once a year.  With tip: $16.50.
  • Oh, and this place was offering cupcakes and cookies for a donation.  This place has been so good that I figured I'd get a cupcake for: $1.
  • On Friday the 2nd, after I waited around the area around work so traffic would die down, then went to another mechanic to finally find the leak (it was a nail, embedded deeply somewhere in the tire), I decided to treat myself with a trip to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division).  Stage tips for four hot babes and coffee: $11.
  • ETA on 1:04 a.m. on May 18 stuff I apparently paid for with cash on Wednesday, April 30.  After work I had a bunch of shit I needed to do, for each of my parents.  For My Fucking Father, it was sending him his sleeping pills.  For Mother, it was shaking down this restaurant for money.  It is on Nicollet Avenue, also known as Eat Street, where there are a lot of ethnic restaurants, many of them well-regarded.  There is also a McDonald's, and I remembered just in time that I had a coupon where I could get a small fries and drink if I bought either a Bacon Clubhouse Burger or Chicken Sandwich.  But the last day to use the coupon was April 30.  So, even though I wasn't really hankering for a full fast food meal, I really wanted to cash on this deal.  The bad thing, however, is that I thought this really dingy McDonald's gave me a coupon, and going through all my receipts I can't find it.  So even though, again, I wasn't hungry, on Saturday, May 17 I went there for lunch (before going to the University of Minnesota NCAA softball tournament game) to order the Bacon Clubhouse Burger, which I think was the one I ordered on April 30, in order to listen again as to how much the burger by itself cost me on April 30.  And the weird thing is, I got a receipt for my visit on May 17.  Shouldn't a McDonald's be more consistent with this?  Oh, the total: $5.05.
  • ET also A this, starting on May 18 at 1:04 a.m.: Back to the well-regarded restaurants on Eat Street.  The one that may be the most lauded right now, and the one that most attracts me, isn't really a restaurant because it concentrates on donuts.  Glam Doll Donuts is the Twin Cities' entry into the exotic donuts movement that has taken ahold of the nation.  But after some reticence (and continued reluctance to try their donuts with bacon -- come on, I love bacon and I love donuts, but I don't love bacon on my donuts.  Look, if bacon was supposed to be on donuts, God would have made it so) I have grown to like them, even though their donuts are obscenely expensive.  But I was around the area, so I'm going to get a couple.  And I thought that on this visit I got a receipt, but again, I can't find it.  For some reason, though, I have this amount, encompassing the two donuts I got plus tip, in my head.  And there really isn't any way I can check this, so I'm going to go with this total: $6.50.
  • In a very busy week, with many things I needed to after work, I at least have documentation for the many items (mostly food) I bought.  So I go back to Tuesday, April 29, where I detoxified my mind by watching Draft Day.  The ticket, food and Coke: $9.25.

No comments:

Post a Comment