Sunday, May 18, 2014

What, No One Likes My Post?

In thinking about what to blog about, I go to my list of posts.  There, I see how many people have read -- well, clicked onto -- each blog post.  I don't have a huge following, but I'm proud that every blog post has had at least one click.

Till now.  I just saw that my previous blog post, the one about being grateful that the weatherstripping on the passenger-side front door no longer flaps around while I drive because I stuck gorilla tape on them.  Well, as of press time it's been more than 12 hours, half a day, since I published that blog post, and no one has seen it, yet.

You know, I had noticed that, beyond the most popular posts (and by the way, my most popular post is my rant of the-then new format of the Sirius XM online radio player; it's at over 3,900 hits), my posts, every single one, have almost reached double digits ... until lately, maybe the start of the new year.  Ever since my pageviews have dropped.  I'm lucky to get two per post, although, as I have said, I get at least one.  I think those now-inflated numbers were a result of spammers or guys trying to hack into my accounts by looking through my posts for personal information.  Well, if that's going to be the reason they want to look at Wailing And Failing, I'd rather have no one looking at my blog.

But like I said I've had at least one guy on planet Earth looking at WAF.  So not having one pageview for a post despite it being live for more than half a day worries me.  What did I do wrong?  The only thing I can think of is that that blog post has only one label because it was really short and dealt with only one thing, cars.  Most of my posts have a bunch of labels.  Maybe it's the labels that get me more than one look.  But there's only one category it falls under.

So what I'm going to do is link to the blog post here.  I know it's only the one before this.  This is totally a ploy, a way I hope I get someone in the world to at least click on it.  But I really hope it works, because I don't want that poor blog post to not have a friend. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment