Sunday, May 4, 2014

I Should Not Be This Busy On A Lazy Sunday

I woke up at 8:30 this morning and I started doing stuff, and that's wrong, that's just fucking wrong.  Like I usually do I try to assemble my responsibilities for the day, trying to figure out if I can put off any of them till tomorrow or never.  But Mother comes home Tuesday, the result of a health scare she wants checked out, and so I could not put off, for example, raking the back yard for dead brush.

After that I am going to do my best to get through my to-do list, honey-do-free, around sports on television.  I had a half-hour to finish raking the back yard between The McLaughlin Group and NBA Countdown.  I don't need to watch the latter show, I'm just fascinated by its glam opening credits.



Game 7 of Brooklyn at Toronto follows at high noon, and I think that's a good time to take out my parents' minivan to fill up its gas tank; dump the bag of newspapers I am keeping in storage and possibly taking out another bag, hopefully containing my passport; and eat at Culver's using my coupon.  Later I have to go the hardware store to pick up fertilizer to feed the back and front yards, something Mother and Father do not think is necessary, and therefore I will do it before either comes home.  I also have to start picking up the house of the stuff I've strewn about and maybe prepare some cleaning when ***e* comes over Monday night to clean the house, and me.  Inbetween I hope to exercise, do my alum club duties, watch the Wild game, go out, shower for the first time in a week, sleep, and think about what to do with my problem team member at work on Monday, assuming she does come back on Monday, and I have to admit, if she does not come back on Monday, I will be quite relieved.

This is Sunday!  I'm supposed to do nothing on a Sunday!!  It's like as if My Fucking Father is still home, telling me what to do -- on a fucking Sunday!!!  I'm really quite upset that on my day off (I worked yesterday) I'm still working.  This isn't right.

These are the times where I don't mind the times I'm unemployed.  I'm not making any money, but what I do have when I don't have a job is time.  That allows me to do nothing for as long as I want ... and yes, if there were things I need to do, I have time to do them and then I still have enough time to go back to do nothing.  I remember last year, when I was not working at a time where my parents were out of town, and I was waking up at 1 in the afternoon.  And sure, I felt like much of the day was beyond me and I had to play catch-up, but I soon stopped caring and realized it was too late to start anything, so I didn't do anything, and I was sooooooooooo happy.

But I'm not happy now.  Right now I finally got back from gassing up the minivan, switching bags of newspapers, eating at Culver's, and buying fertilizer.  I'm getting through my chores; once I'm done publishing this I'll catch the end of the Nets' victory on the road over the Raptors, and then I'll go outside and feed the grass, and the outside chores will be done.  And then I will take a nap, because I'm tired.  And I will hope that when I wake up I'll have enough time to finish what's left on my list.

My God, it's a Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment