Sunday, May 25, 2014

Wasting Time Today

Well, if you need an example of how to waste your Memorial Weekend, look no further than me.  Especially today.

In anticipation of not having anything I wanted to do (and please don't get that mixed up with not having anything to do), I thought today would be a fantastic day to visit my junior prom date (have I talked about her yet?  I should in a blog post) and Grandmother at the cemeteries.  Yeah, it's Memorial Day, a time where the nation honors its fallen heroes, but frankly, I have not been touched that way.  (That may be fortunate, that may be very unfortunate.)  But it would be a good time to see them, especially since I have a long weekend.

But when I went to the florist where I usually get my flowers whenever I visit them, they were closed.  For the Memorial Day Weekend holiday?  If they were open, they'd make a ton!  But I walked over there from the Arby's nearby and saw that they are closed on Sundays.  I swear I bought flowers from them on a Sunday.  Regardless, I decided my plans of seeing those two at their graves had to be delayed.  No flowers, no visit.  I mean, if you can't come with flowers, why come at all?  My family usually brings flowers when we visit Grandmother, and I don't want to be disrespectful if I don't have any.  I'll go another time, I thought to myself.  And, yes, I thought I was a selfish dick all the way to the mall closest to me, to Target where I got another bottle of nasal allergy spray, and home, where I set the TV in the living room to a volume quiet enough where I could hear the end of the Indianapolis 500 but could fall asleep if my body was too tired ... and then fell asleep because my body was too tired.

---

I need to pick up the papers and clothes that are on the floor of my bedroom.  But I'm not.  They are still there, and I know I'll just throw them out of sight, somewhere, before the 'Rents come back.

I brought a bag of papers from storage.  Some of them are sports even programs I want to put aside, and there are some that are papers from newspapers years ago that I want to read.  I have done neither, and right now I don't even know if I have the time to even put that bag back into storage.

I am slowly going through the laundry -- my way.  That means separating whites from darks, gentle cycle from normal.  Yesterday I went through a load of one white t-shirt that had to be washed delicately.  I wouldn't be able to pull off that shit with my parents at home, but they're not at home, so I'm doing it like this.

One of the few chores I'm keeping up on is watering my parents' plants.  But I don't even know how much water I'm supposed to put in there.  I think it might be too much and I'll ruin them.  Then again I was told by them I watered too little and they died as well.  Fuck plants.

Shit, I'm not working and I've even delayed blogging till the afternoon.  I really didn't know what I was going to write about because I have all these shitty things I haven't done that I could talk about.

The thing that spurs me into action, in fact, is using this free ticket at an AMC theater tonight.  If I have something (fun) to do this evening, I might as well get going.  So I finally decided to lump all the stupid shit in my life into one big blog post about "my day."  After this I have to water my parents' outside plants and try to clean up the driveway again.

And the rest of this shit can wait.  Because I am a lazy loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment