Thursday, August 28, 2014

48 Hours And I Still Don't Fucking Know If They're Pissed At Me Or Not

So the first game of the season is on Saturday, two days away, and I still have not heard from the two people in the club who still might be really, really pissed at me -- one for what I didn't do for the party, the other for, I hear, acting weird and being an asshole guest.  I mused on Wailing And Failing that I should e-mail them, but I so far haven't.  I might be over-dramatizing things, so I don't want to come off as desperate.  Instead, this silent treatment means I'm banking on them being all hunky-dory with me even despite all I have heard.

This is killing me.  I need the active members of this club to continue to come to games, and I don't know if they're going to do it because they seem to be angry with me.  If they are pissed at me, what's the use of reaching out ... unless I'm totally wrong and, in fact, I might be making things worse by not reaching out and asking if everything is OK between us.

This is my second year as president of the club, and I don't remember freaking out over how the club's going to react last year.  Part of my fear this year is that I'm not 100% sure that we can watch games at this bar even though we've been going here for two years now.  Until I hear it from the horse's mouth -- which is the owner's -- my heart's beating a mile a minute.  Plus, I have to start fundraising again, and whoring for money is something I am never comfortable with.

But those things are in the back of my mind.  I need to know if these two people are cool with me.  The question is, Should I e-mail them?  Fuck if I know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment