Friday, November 6, 2015

Addendum To: Will I Be Working Out By The Porta-Potties The Next Time?

Well, turns out that I'll be working for this crew the whole weekend and not just the game.  There's a possibility that they're real assholes and want really fuck with me the whole weekend, but I guess that they had other people they could have asked to fill in for the guy who apparently pulled out, and since someone chose me, that someone doesn't hate me.

Look, I know that if it's really uncomfortable for me to work for these guys (and I have no doubt that it'll be, at some point during the weekend), I should just tell them no.  But I have a few reasons to nevertheless march back in there, with a shit-eating grin, and work with them like I'm totally cool with these guys.  First, I need the money, and you never turn down a gig.  Second, I'm at-will, and if I say I can't work for these guys, I might not ever work any game for any crew ever again, so it's important to remain dependable and available.  And third ... well, maybe I'm paranoid.  Maybe I'm overreacting to what happened two years ago.  I can allow that.  Of course, I want know until I work for these guys this weekend.  So let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment