Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Oh Man, I Just Had The Best Commute Ever!

Dranksgiving/Thanksgiving Eve/The day before Thanksgiving is great for getting to work because there are so many people who decided to take the day off.  I think a lot of people have taken the whole week off, or at least it seems that way, in fact, because I have faced little to no stop-and-start traffic so far this week on the drive in.  I believe I have had to wait a little bit on the first on-ramp to get onto the first of the three highways to get to work, but besides that, it was fine -- just 30-5 minutes.  I wish I had a commute of zero minutes, but it's a hell of a lot better than the 45 minutes it usually takes.

The big bottleneck, from 94W, through the Lowry Tunnel and making the switchover to 35WS, in particular has been a breeze this week.  It was great Monday and Tuesday, but it was even fantastic this morning because I barely had to step on my brakes twice through that area.  Changing lanes from the tunnel onto the ramp that gets me to 35WS was smooth sailing.  It was so effortless, in fact, that I don't even remember going through that area.  That ever happen to you?  You're just driving and there are no adverse conditions ahead of you, and so muscle memory takes over and you just sail on through?  That happened to me this morning.  And I feel kind of bad, because I want to remember the times when it was easy driving through there on my way to work on the days, such as next week, when it is all about impossible to drive through there.

Beyond that, though, seriously, man, that drive was so awesome I actually felt energized going into work.  Energized!  That disappeared -- not because of work, but because of something else that happened to me just now.  But still, fantastic commute!

No comments:

Post a Comment