Friday, November 13, 2015

She's Really Nice, What's-Her-Name

One of the people at the new place I work with has been really nice to me -- too nice to me, consider that deep down I'm an introverted prick with panic attacks alternating with violent streaks.  She says hi to me with a smile most mornings, and yesterday she even told me where else on the floor to get coffee when the darn thermos gives me nothing but grounds.

So that's why I feel truly bad that I don't know her name.  It's common courtesy to know a co-worker's name, especially someone who has gone out of her way to make me feel like a part of this company.  Shoot, it happened just now; we met in the break room and she said hi and I said hi back, not once calling her by her name.  She could tell at this point that I don't know her name.  She has to.  Hopefully she isn't upset, and if she is, she isn't letting on.  That's a good thing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment