Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Hate This Traffic

What I've decided I need to do is to cool my heels after work at the Mall of America.  I've told you this already, right?  Well, there have been times where I think I may have waited a bit too long.  As in, I leave around a quarter after 6 and get there at 7, and I think that it's possible that I would get home in the same 45-minute time period if I leave at 6.

I thought about that when I left the Megamall for home ... at a quarter after 6.  And I immediately had to reconsider that because I almost got into two accidents on 35WN.  First, I tried merging to the right, but at the last second I saw on my side mirror the car that, I swear, merged into that lane right before I tried to.  No, I didn't look at my blind spot over my shoulder.  Sue me.  Then, I had to brake really, really hard because of the car(s) in front of me.  I think that some idiot driver several vehicles ahead of me decide to stop right in the middle of the highway in order to merge to the right.  Dammit, that's so dangerous!  What is that moron thinking?

To top it all off, I decided to go watch Bridge Of Spies in the evening after reaching home ... after about 45 minutes.  While backing down my driveway, I didn't see the jogger scoot past behind me.  If I backed up all the way, I'm pretty sure I would have run the old dude over, and that reflective tape, by the way, didn't help none.  By the way, who in the hell jogs on a winter night?  It was a quarter after 7, for God's sake.

So I got into almost three accidents last night.  Still, that didn't deter me from leaving MOA at 6 tonight because, hey, I wanted to get home.  Luckily there were no close calls on the highway tonight, even though it is raining buckets right now.  I'm going to press said luck and go to the coffeehouse to do the Expenses Without Receipt(s) blog, which should be up soon.  And finally, I guess this means that I can leave a little closer to 6 from now on, just so I can catch the Bonus Round on Wheel Of Fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment