Sunday, November 29, 2015

Goddamn, Winter's Coming

I heard three inches, I heard ten.  The timing of the storm has slipped later from Monday morning to the afternoon, but the bulk of it is still coming Monday evening -- the exact time where I was supposed to go to the University of Minnesota men's basketball game because I bought the ticket at a discount at the Minnesota State Fair.  Well, fuck me.

I thought El NiƱo was supposed to prevent storms like this, but I guess that's a lie.  I have to worry about a slew of things now.  I need to see how I'm going to get to the game (no goddamn way I'm letting the money I spent in early September go to waste now).  I have to hope that the snowblower works, and I should plug it in, but when?  Will I have time to blow the snow?  Will I be able to drive Tuesday?

And in the meantime I have to prepare for today.  I have knocked out a few things on my to-do list: Getting the minivan to the shop to get the results of the dye test (valve cover gaskets are bad); cleaned up the broken glass; bagged that heap of leaves behind the fence.  The miracle didn't come, however; there's still snow all over the back yard, so I don't know if I should even bother trying to rake the leaves.  Don't know if I have time anyway; with this blizzard coming in, I think it's better if I say screw it with the raking, mowing and fertilizing and move the cars in.  Then I have to tarp up one of the cars, and I don't know how to do that.  And there are still bags I have to dump at the compost site, and I need to do that before it gets dark.  And then I have to get these programs out to my friend.  All of this before my ATF comes over tonight to clean the house.

But all I want to do is stay in and watch football.  Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment