Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Will I Be Working Out By The Porta-Potties The Next Time?

As I thought and was afraid of, this game is being produced by the team that, en masse, turned on me, disrespected me and treated me like shit two years ago.  This is what you get the team finally gets good.

I saw his name when I was e-mailed my assignment for this week.  (We used to get called up, but apparently it's done through e-mail with go-betweens now.)  What I was exactly assigned, however, was something I have never done with these guys before.  It's something, in fact, I have never done since college.  What it is, however, is in the other truck -- as far the fuck away from these disrespecting assholes as I've ever been.

This is a trend that is continuing, I guess.  After my blow-up (although I think they started when they went nuts on me -- I was just making a phone call, alright?!), I was taken away from my customary position behind these guys to running around with some cameraman.  Next time I worked with them I was sent to the stadium.  And now this.

I'm not stupid, and I'm certainly not as stupid as they think I am.  All of those fucking people, or one of those fucking people -- probably the really fat one -- just decided they can't stand the sight of me -- though none of it my fault -- and by assigning me these shit jobs they are marginalizing me and pushing me to a point where I don't want to work with them anymore.  Typical petty mind games from these assholes.  Who the fuck are these guys pulling office politics, anyway?  I haven't seen these guys in two years.  Whatever they think I did to them should be water under the bridge.  Instead, they're manipulating me.

You know what?  If these guys are going to be this small-minded, maybe it's best that I stay away from these guys.  I don't need to talk to people who don't want to talk to me.  If we're not going to be cordial with each other anymore, fine, I'll deal with someone else.  Probably better that way.  I'll come in and just do my own thing -- eat breakfast, tool around the stadium, work on my phone.  I don't care, because they don't anymore.  Besides, I don't have time to chit-chat after the game's over; I'm going to the roller derby tournament right after the game.  I'll fight with the other fans on getting on the light rail, so I'll be gone as soon as I can.  They probably want it that way, too.

Well, I have to play devil's advocate for these pricks.  If they truly had any balls, they just wouldn't hire me.  I am at-will, and if they hate me that much, why are they bringing me back on?  I don't know; maybe somebody there does like me.  And even though I may not like them (and vice versa), I do like working these games.

Well, shit.  I guess I should be grateful that I'm working at all.  And maybe this new position, where I'm staying away from them is the best way to work for this crew in order to keep working, period.  Whatever.  I just know that Sunday is going to be very stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment