Saturday, June 18, 2016

I Am No Fun

Just got out of work.  And since my parents are with my brother, sister-in-law and niece for Father's Day dinner, I was told to fend for myself.  So I am.

This should be a green light to do a lot of things.  For example, there is a huge wrestling bout at First Ave., something I've been to a few times and something my friends have tickets for.  But I hesitated because wrestling, while it was fun, isn't something I am enthralled by.  And then My Father came home and I thought I shouldn't go out (this was before I found out they were having dinner out), and then they sold out the show.  So, no wrestling.

There's also Rock The Garden, the annual Walker Art Center/89.3 The Current festival, which is being held in Northeast Minneapolis' Boom Island as they are tearing up and renovating the field outside the Walker this year.  I want to go to one of these at some point, and this year would have been perfect, but ... well, I got caught up in stuff.  Besides, it's really humid out today; I would probably hate being out in the sun.  So, no concert.

Oh, there's also a party going on.  It's way down in Bloomington ... which, come to think of it, is where I was.  But the party was stupid lame last time, with the huge cover and the lack of air conditioning and the girl who was supposed to suck my dick getting sick.  I need to get my rocks off, but this will turn out to be a week where I don't pull a wad of bills out of my account to get perverted.  So, no party.

So I have a summer Saturday night all to myself and I don't have shit to do.  Embarrassment is setting in, so the one thing I can do is be productive.  I'm at Caffetto now, nursing an iced mocha, and I'll try and post some alumni club stuff and work on my reconciling my monthly expense list.  There are a couple Copa America Centenario quarterfinals coming up real soon, so I can go some place for that.  But I might be stuck here at Caffetto getting my shit together.  So, maybe, no soccer, either.

I live an uneventful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment