Sunday, June 5, 2016

My Fucking Mother Is Driving Me Crazy Now

She has this thing where I go out and she goes, "Oh-oh-oh, here are some things I want you to do.  I need you to get this and get this and get this and ..."  As a son I'm not supposed to be bothered by it, and I usually am not.  But she's been piling more and more things that I can't remember more often lately.

The latest was yesterday, when I said I was going to the library and she had a fusillade of things she wanted me to print out for her.  She would continue to say, "Oh, and by the way, get this," as I was going to the bathroom to put on deodorant, or to the back door to make sure it's locked up before I left.  There were 26 pages I had to print out for her, but when I came back, she said, "Hey, did you print out that lease he just sent me?"  And I immediately remembered that it was the very last thing Mother said to get, something that was e-mailed to her, like, an hour before I left for the library.

That was bad enough; but today, she asked again if I was going to the library.  I was because I forgot to blog post about something that I wanted to do late last night.  Well, so long as I was going there, I might as well get this thing I forgot to print for Mother because, get this, she's going to see someone this afternoon and she needs it.

Well, that fucking ruins everything.  What I wanted to do today was mow the lawn, get lunch, go to the library, exercise, grab some regional BBQ from Target, and come home.  Now, I'm supposed to dash off to the library, print it out, and then come home as soon as possible.  So I guess then afterwards I can do whatever I want, she says, but really, why in the hell would I go to the library a second time?  Not to mention the gas I'm wasting running around like that, or the lunch I'm eating later than I wanted to.

I say "supposed to" because I'm openly disobeying Mother.  I really, really wanted to get my daily blog post here out of the way, and wouldn't you know it, I'm shelving what I was going to finish because I have something else to vent about now.  But since I'm done, now I can print this stuff out and drive home to Mother, because after that I'll take that late lunch and go exercise ... and to "punish" Mother for doing this to me I might go out tonight, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment