Wednesday, August 9, 2017

First Time Blogging On My New Computer!!!

I did it!  I finally bit the bullet and bought a new laptop.  It's a Dell XPS 13, probably the highest-recommended lap out there right now.  Got it at a huge discount because I went the open-box route, so I'm still kind of hesitant to believe it completely works, and there was one website where it looked weird, for lack of a better phrase.  But I bought it Saturday, booted it up and added security Monday and started really fucking around with it last (Tuesday) night, and so far, can't complain.  Well, it's not as fast going from page to page like I thought it would be.  But than again the processor on my decade-old computer is completely shot, so anything going from site to site on the Dell would be an infinite advantage.

My initial plan is to still use my old computer for office work (Word and Excel), and because it has the 10-key, calculating my expenses each month.  I spend most of my time online, and that is what I want to use the Dell for.  But this is so expensive I am still hesitant to take this out for fear it will get stolen.  But if it works so much better than my old computer, I might not have a choice.

As giddy as I allow myself to be for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment