Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Expenses Without Receipts

Yep, I let this get too long again.  Starting from Tuesday, August 15:
  • For my day off I went to see Spider-Man: Homecoming.  It wasn't too long ago when Andrew Garfield and before that Tobey Maguire donned the suit.  Having yet a third guy in two decades don it seems like overkill.  But this take was a breezy reboot of the character.  I appreciated that Uncle ... Ben's death wasn't included in this film.  It's an acknowledgement that we have seen him die twice already; it's an understanding that we already know parts of the story.  Grade: B+?  Ticket, popcorn, pop: $9.64.
  • After dinner I went to Great Clips to have my hair cut after a two-day delay.  You know, kind of how it took two days for President Trump to denounce Nazis, except less important.  The cut itself cost $7.99, but this EWR is specifically for the tip only: $3.
  • I then went to the library to print out invoices for Mother.  She needed my help because, even though she is learning how to do them, she has had trouble with a few format characteristics I put in the invoices I have done for her.  Also, she types slow, and after doing two invoices today, she got tired.  So I did two and re-did two.  That's four, and that means: 40 cents.
  • After the library I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition) for the first time in a few weeks, I think.  I remember seeing two of the four chicks on shift.  Actually five -- one new girl replaced Giselle, who left after her first shift -- the very first shift -- after I got a dance from her.  I feel bad that I think I kept her at work longer than she wanted to.  Broke an extra five so I could tip two new strippers before I decided to leave.  With coffee it comes out to: $32.75.
  • To Sunday, August 13 ... I went to the State Capitol for its grand opening celebrations; it's been refurbished and cleaned up for the past four years, and even though I really couldn't tell any difference, it looks new.  I wanted to get in there and then out in less than an hour, but I stayed for three.  Mostly because there were parts of the first tour I didn't get to, such as the Deliberation Room in the State Supreme Court.  I latched onto a second tour to see that, and then I stayed because the tour guide, though robotic, was real cute!  Oh, I also met up with some dude who, like me, was doing the tour by himself.  Tim's a good dude, and I'm glad I could show him where he could the State Capitol hat.  Oh, wait ... I didn't give any money there.  I went to Runyon's thereafter because I need to grease the way for our alumni club to see the first game of the season there.  They have great wings, although they're a bit hot.  With a Coors Light on special and tip, the total came out to be: $21.
  • I had planned on doing the Weekly Minnesota Sports Survey at Caffetto after Runyon's, but staying at the State Capitol for so long pushed lunch really late.  And since I wanted to get my hair cut after doing the WMNSS, I decided it was simply too far to go from downtown to Lyn-Lake just to type that up.  I had brought my new laptop, my Dell, with me.  It would have been the first time I went out in public with it.  I was going to get my Dell hooked up with a public wi-fi spot for the first time, and I wanted to "christen" it at Caffetto because it's one of my favorite spots in town to work on my computer.  Alas, my actions altered that, and instead I "christened" my first wi-fi connection through my new lap at Diamonds, the coffeehouse much closer to home.  It worked out fine.  Got freshly-squeezed lemonade there.  (Oh, BTW, I did not get my hair cut [I stayed at Diamonds less than half an hour] because there was an hour wait at 4 o'clock and they closed at 5.  Got a coupon out of it for my trouble.)  With tip: $3.50.
  • I needed to get lotto tickets for Father on my way back.  Funny story: I went home because I wanted to change shirts (to a dirty one) before going back out to get my hair cut.  But since there was no way I could get my hair cut I went home.  I changed and crawled into my bed when I realized that Father texted me to get lotto tickets.  So I went out a second time to buy them and came back.  Oh, and my parents' only friend was there the whole time.  I had to park inbetween his car and my parents' van not one, not two, but three times.  Anyway, Father paid me back for the tickets, an Infusion of: $15.
  • On Saturday the 12th I finally went with my friend, who I made at My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place, to a sporting event together.  We've been promising each other for years we'd do it, and it was time.  We went ... dirt-track racing, at this place up in Ogilvie.  Dirt-track racing is his thing, and he wanted to show me once, and I was interested, so I finally said yes.  And it was ... interesting.  I will admit that the power when I first heard the cars running at full speed was something.  And honestly, I wouldn't mind doing this with him again.  Next year.  But the dirt getting kicked up into my face and pants and teeth got tiresome, and it was tough breathing in the gasoline and the smoke from the spectators.  And, I have to admit, I saw if there were any minorities in attendance.  There was one black lady, and I think there were two black kids working the concessions.  So I was the only male person of color there.  That isn't a reason not to go again.  But I was girding myself in case some asshole showed up to the track with a "Make America Great Again" hat.  Price for the ticket, the walking taco I got for the first time ever, the Twisted Tea I got for the first time ever, and tips for both equaled: $31.
  • I kind of lied to my friend when I said I wanted to go home after track racing.  Because I'm road-tripping next week, I wanted to hit the Glam Doll closer to home afterward so I wouldn't be such a stranger there.  Made it quick -- about an hour -- because I didn't have my laptop with me.  Two donuts and milk, with tip, cost me: $9.36.
  • Oh, and before I went to the track Father paid me back for the lottery tickets he asked me to get for him before I came home, an Infusion of: $20.
  • I think I didn't spend anything until Tuesday, August 8.  If I did, I'll revise it here.  But Tuesday was my last day of my three-day sabbatical, and I took advantage of it by getting my shoes shined for the first time since early July and then finally depositing all the Hong Kong money I've had in my wallet since late February at the downtown Wells Fargo.  First I had to find parking downtown: $1.50.
  • Then I got my shoes shined by Lisa.  This time she took the laces off first.  With tip: $15.
  • But I had enough time to get to the theater to see Wonder Woman from Second One.  I think I missed all the trailers but got there before the movie started -- great timing!  The film itself was ... OK.  I'll give it a B grade.  Gal Gadot is smoking hot, and it was great to see an icon of feminist imagery depicted onscreen (even if it Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin and, possibly, American plutocrats the Koch Brothers produced the film).  But the story seemed kind of pat.  I believe the DC Comics is the more of the serious, sober of the two comic-book behemoths.  It's characters dealt with somber treatments of good and evil, and didn't shy away from reflected real world events.  By contrast, Marvel was the simpler, sunnier alternative.  And yet, for the most part, Marvel's movies have been more complex, and thus more entertaining.  DC Comics is still going full-bore with its Cinematic Universe, so hopefully they'll sharpen their storytelling.  Ticket, popcorn and pop: $9.64.
  • On Monday the 7th I went to the library to print out portions of our alumni club charter in order to remain a viable chapter.  It seems odd that this, well, bible of the existence of our club really consists of four pages, three of which I had to print out, write "of the Twin Cities," and scan back.  And really I only had to do the fourth page -- the last one, the one I had to sign.  I actually was afraid I would have to do print, scan and send back every page -- all 20 of them.  After I sent back the four relevant ones, I got two e-mails from the Alumni Association saying that I really only had to sign the last page.  Thanks for telling me that too late, guys, could've saved me 30 cents.  Instead I spent: 40 cents.
  • The library I did this at was the one close to ***a*, my side chick I can call on whenever I feel the urge to get a blowjob.  And, with more frequencies, a rimjob.  I totally fucked her Monday.  Actually, she fucked me -- she got on top of me, opened up her twat, and swallowed my dick whole.  And then she actually swallowed my dick.  Man, I got all up in there even with my fingers.  I stuck them up her ass too, if all the brown shit on fingers after I left her place was any indication.  I just felt bad I didn't remain so hard that I came.  I had to do it myself -- into her mouth, of course.  And then we slept together.  Shit, we even ate our separate lunches at the stove together in between.  Spent a total of 3 1/2 hours there.  And even though I had to jerk off to spurt, now that I write about this, I think I should see her again, and quite soon.  Total: $120.
  • Saturday, August 5 -- oh, shit, this is where I realize that I haven't been as vigilant in keeping track of my expenses as I should.  OK ... uh, I started at this mock trial where the motive for it didn't really come into focus until the end, where I think I realized that only one side commissioned this mock trial to see how the presentation of its case was going to look.  So I got (in cash, a rarity for these research studies these days) an Infusion of: $275.
  • We go back to Friday, August 4 ... for a long time I didn't know if I could keep my commitment to the U. experiment I signed up for.  At first I thought that the test scoring project I was doing at the time was going to finish up early; that's why I signed up.  But then we were told that we were going to help another room with its questions, so I thought we would actually work the whole week.  But then we worked fast enough to get done the afternoon before.  So I had all day to walk from one end of the U. to get to this very interesting experiment involving "combinatorial auctioning."  I thought I did better than I actually did.  You were guaranteed ten bucks and on average would make $15.  I did better in the last two of my three auctions because I was setting up bogus bids everywhere and got plots at the end of them.  But instead of making $50, which was the maximum, I only made $4.80 above average, which kind of bummed me out.  An Infusion of: $19.80.
  • Back to Wednesday the 2nd, where, after work, I took in a night of Da Beauty League, where NHL players (many of them from the area) decided to get back into game shape by playing 4x4 hockey games at Braemar Arena in Edina.  It started last year to great buzz, so I decided to take in a game this year.  I actually thought it would be more packed than it was.  But I liked that professional hockey players were playing in a local rink mere yards away from us.  Three mini-games for only: $10.
  • Saturday, July 29: A busy day; got tired doing a lot of things I wanted to do.  The first EWR of the day was for Glensheen, the musical my friend is in.  I parked at a strip mall and took the light rail into downtown St. Paul, but I charged my ticket there because the train was coming.  I used cash on the way back: $1.75.
  • The place was nearly packed, so I'm glad I got a rush ticket for the show: $15.
  • Tried to go to Comcast to dispute my bill.  Saw there was a long line, so I did not go to Comcast.  Instead I went to park for the United game.  Hot dog and Redd's: $14.50.
  • After the match (I think the Loons lost) I went to Glam Doll.  Did I have milk then?  I wrote down at the time that I had milk, so I guess I did.  With two donuts and tip: $9.36.
  • On Thursday the 27th I helped *****a break in her new home with a welcome-home party.  This was the party where ****a sucked my dick for the first time in a long time.  Unfortunately I had to pay a bedroom fee in order to get it.  Man, these girls are nickel-and-diming me to the point I don't want to go anymore.  All that plus cover, tips for the girl who was minding the money (the host's sister) and dances from said host, Lana and Destiny came out to: $213.
  • Sunday, July 23 ... went to the library to print stuff out: 30 cents.
  • Saturday the 22nd -- went to Moler to get a shave.  I have two people who have shaved me.  The first one was the only girl there, and she was so good I wanted to patronize her, but the next time I came in, she was busy, so I had to get someone else, and he was so good that from then on I asked for both.  I got him a couple times, never her.  But this time I got neither and therefore I got a third, who also was really good.  Meticulous, clean.  I don't know how effective it is to get a card with your name if I can't get you the next time I come in for a shave.  So if I come in the next time I have to write down three names, I guess.  With tip the shave cost: $9.
  • I then went to the United game.  I think they won this one.  It was dollar hot dog night, and I got there early enough to grab my one dog.  With Redd's: $10.
  • I then went to Caffetto -- or was this in the morning?  Small iced mocha plus tip: $4.75.
  • On Friday the 21st I went to Glam Doll, the farther, original one.  Two donuts, pourover coffee and tip: $12.27.
  • On Sunday, July 16 I went to the alumni club's normal spot to make sure I wasn't a stranger.  Reminds me I'll need to go back there again, soon.  Lunch with tip: $18.
  • Saturday the 15th ... I finally went to the Rustica Bakery at the Megamall because their bitter chocolate cookie is highly recommended.  I am glad I got there; recently they closed.  Too bad -- a local bakery tried to make a go of it at MOA and all the shoppers there decided to turn their backs on them.  Their loss; the cookie is distinctive.  With tip: $2.01.
  • That evening I went to the United game.  Did we lose?  I think we drew.  Hot dog, Redd's: $14.50.
  • And then I went to My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place, where I had a heart-to-heart with the owner about her intention to sell.  Little did I know that she would sell almost a month later.  With tip (I forget what I got) I paid: $11.75.
Phew!  Done through August 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment