Monday, August 14, 2017

Unexpected Furlough; Change Of Plans

OK, I didn't see this coming, even though maybe I should have.


At the test scoring place, we are answering questions for two grades.  We got done with one grade today.  We could not immediate proceed to the other grade because 1) there is clean-up work that leadership has to do before we continue and 2) presumably they have to prepare for the other grade because they've been too busy to do that up till now.


So, after quick consultation from her boss (which came 45 minutes after we got done with our last question), the room boss told us to go home the rest of the day.  And take tomorrow off, too.  Come back Wednesday, where they'll be bushy-eyed and something-tailed and prepared to do the rest of the questions.


OK, I guess.  I don't have a choice.  Plus, this is what the "gig" economy gets you -- cut early, told to come back when they say so.  It is what it is.  But I had assumed that the 50-some-odd questions we had to plow through we could do one-by-one.  I had tracked how many we went through per day, and even though we were slacking Friday and today, I thought we would be done Thursday morning, maybe Wednesday afternoon, and I would have my Friday free to pick up my check stub from the other test scoring place and maybe swing by ***a*'s place to pick up my sweater and fuck.


But that's out the window now.  Good news is that I have the next 1 1/2 days off, and since that includes Tuesday, I might be able to see a movie at a discount.  (It was supposed to be War For The Planet Of The Apes, but the theater took it off their schedule this week.  If I had known that they would and leave Wonder Woman on instead, even though WW has been out longer, I would have seen WFTPOTA last week, dammit.)  And I snuck in a well-needed session with my therapist today.  But that means that I'm working the rest of the week, so there's no way I can pick up my check stub Friday.


Furthermore, I thought we would be done with this project this week, but that no longer appears to be the case.  Not only do we have all of this to do starting Wednesday, we have been going so fast that it's likely we'll be taking other questions from other rooms in order to help them out.  Well, not "we," because I'm done as of Friday -- eclipse roadtrip starting Saturday.  I actually don't mind much of this project, and so I'll miss it greatly.


If only it'll still be going on after I come back.  Nah, probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment