Friday, December 17, 2021

Goddammit, The Minivan Almost Overheated

Just wanted to put my parents' car through its paces over the winter, so after work I wanted to take it to Chick-Fil-A.  And then I looked at the thermostat and saw it slowly, slowly going up.  That is a hopeless feeling, especially when I remember seeing the thermostat on my Lexus go up and not knowing what the hell to do.  Worse than that, I was stuck in the busy drive-thru and there was no way out.  I had to beg a guy to wait while I drove the minivan up and down the curb so I could get it to a parking spot and to finally turn off the engine.  My God, I was so close to losing the minivan.

Thank God that Cub Foods had antifreeze, because Walgreens and Big Lots didn't have it.  Sure enough, there was no coolant in the tank.  I put it in, and the thermostat stayed where it was ... until about halfway through my drive home, when I slowed down and the thermostat went up.  Just a tad, but above level, and I freaked out again, but then I started accelerating, and it went back down.  And then it started going up, steadily, as I approached home.  But I made it home, thank Buddha.  The thermostat still was going up, though, and so maybe this piece of shit needs more than antifreeze.

I can't trust this car now.  And that sucks, because I think everybody should be able to have two cars in case one needs service.  I remember when my main car had that smart key indicator light on, and so I used the minivan for a week -- confidently.  And now that motherfucking thing is breaking down on me.  What would I do if the minivan had this problem when my main car had its problem?  I would be absolutely lost and helpless.

And now I'm worried I destroyed the minivan's shocks and struts and axels because I drove it up and down that curb.  Ah, who fucking cares about that -- I need to worry about the radiator or something.  Whatever, I won't be driving that car for the rest of the season.  Don't care about it anymore.  Can't care about it anymore.  And now I have to hope to Buddha my main car won't go to shit on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment