Sunday, December 26, 2021

What I Missed This Christmas

So I caught the Corona "lighting up the palm tree" commercial just yesterday; saw it once, then saw it (I think) two more times.  But did anyone see the Hershey's Kisses commercial where the Kisses were bells?  Do they play that advertisement anymore?

And I missed A Charlie Brown Christmas, the best of the Peanuts three holiday specials.  It was just before Halloween that I learned that all three specials had been shunted from ABC to AppleTV, but outcry convinced the streaming service to allow each to be shown on PBS -- once, I think on the Sunday evening before each respective holiday.  I caught A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving -- well, the latter part of it once I realized what time it was -- but not the other two.  I still remember when CBS showed them.  I got over it moving to another network, but then it went to a paid service, and then to free TV when it's only shown around the same time as football?  Sorry, can't do it.  I believe all three specials should remain on free television as tradition, but I guess not enough people agree to keep the ratings up.

So those are the two things I missed this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment