Monday, December 6, 2021

Subsisting On Wine And Peanut Butter-And-Jelly Sandwiches

I still have the bottle of wine that I cracked open Thanksgiving.  I swear that a regular-sized bottle of wine serves four glasses, and that I have had way more than four glasses of this bottle.  But the damn thing is bottomless.  Well, maybe it doesn't help that the glass I'm using isn't a "regular" glass for red wine.  It's smaller; is it supposed to be for red wine only?  (By the way, it's a commemorative glass for my cousin and his wife ... well, make that ex-wife; they only lasted two years.  I kind of get a kick out of looking at the etching of two swans [or are they doves?} and two rings interlocked together, symbolizing forever love.  Lol to that.)  So four regular glasses might mean eight in this one ... except that I think I've had eight glasses of wine in this glass already, too.

Also, I bought a loaf of wheat bread, a small loaf, I think Dranksgiving.  I needed to because there was one solitary egg Father left me before he left, and I wanted to eat it before it went bad.  But I'm not really into eating eggs by themselves.  Besides, he also left me leftover cheese slices and pepperoni slices, and those things altogether would make a great sandwich.  But you can't buy just two pieces of bread.  That loaf was as small as I could probably buy anywhere, so I did.  I'm glad I got the loaf so I could finish off the egg ... but I've got a small loaf left.  Thankfully I had the foresight to buy some grape jelly, and Father has a shelf's worth of peanut butter, so I can make PB&J ... I just have to make a lot of them.  I think I've had, like, two of them so far, and so obviously there is a lot of the loaf left.

Neither wine nor bread last forever.  The red wine seems to be holding up, although my palate isn't sophisticated, so who knows if the wine's already bad.  I think I can tell when bread goes bad, and although I haven't done a deep inspection, I don't think there are any mold spots yet, so the bread's still good.  So I have time.  But that means that I have to subsist on peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches and wine until I get done with both the bread and the wine.  And I'm not going to eat and drink those every night.  I have to break it up or else I'll go mad.  That only extends the time I need to consume both, and also brings in the possibility they'll spoil.

Man, just wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment