Thursday, December 16, 2021

The Deposit Envelope

I spent the past hour finding a deposit envelope -- you know, the envelope you used to need when you went to an ATM just to deposit your money.  I have tons of them, but since ATMs take checks and cash loose, it has lost its primary purpose.

But I created a secondary purpose for them.  On the blue moon occasion where I need to deposit checks, I write down the amount of each check (and, rarely, cash) I will deposit, then sum them up for a grand total which I expect to see when the receipt comes.  That helps me keep track of the money I'm depositing, and the breakdown by company (and, therefore, which job) in case I am expecting a check from a company and it's been, like, two months.

Most of the envelopes I have used have a bunch of additions on them, representing every time I needed to use the ATM.  But I do my best to fill one up before I go to the next one.  I don't think I've been successful at that.

Like I said, I spent the past hour finding a deposit envelope -- one that I thought was in either the book bag or the computer bag.  I tore through every single room in the upper level of the house.  I finally found it in a paper bag in my room, filled with other pamphlets and brochures, all of which I promise myself I will get around to reading.  It was a damn waste of time going through the same rooms three, maybe even four, times before finding it somewhere else, and new.  But, and I say this because I'm half-tired as I type this, I feel a sense of accomplishment and resiliency.  Yes, I feel those things because I found a friggin' deposit envelope with a bunch of additions on it after 60 minutes of searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment