Sunday, December 5, 2021

When Two, Maybe Three Nights That Weren't Supposed To Be Busy Suddenly Are

I want to help.  Really, I do.  But this was the week whereby I could've used some time to myself to finally tackle all the stuff that is accumulating, both in my room and in my storage unit.

Unfortunately, I have been ... well, let's just say enticed into spending those two, maybe three nights doing something other than working on my stuff.  I could have said no.  But ... no.  I have already procrastinated on these things; what's another week and a half?

The big thing is the Vikings Game on Thursday.  I had received an e-mail several months ago asking for interest, which I replied affirmatively.  I hadn't received an answer.  In that e-mail I was given, it specifically said to give that person a couple weeks to figure out who to hire for what positions.  After a couple weeks, I e-mailed him, but I got no response.  I was not going to pester any more than I did because I don't want to lose the rest of my gigs with these guys.  So I didn't, and I assumed that I wasn't going to work on Thursday.

Then, all of a sudden, I got an e-mail saying, yep, I'm working on Thursday.  I'll take it, and I'm grateful.  But if I followed the rules you laid out, I was not going to work.  Now I am.  Oh, well.  That's my Thursday gone.

Tonight's gone, too.  Not only is overtime being offered if you work 48 this week, starting today, but you get paid an extra $100 if you do.  And I'm still addicted to OF.  So, I'm coming in this afternoon (I get to call my own hours, and I volunteer to do second shift), and staying till midnight.  That's my Sunday gone.

And I'm going back-and-forth as to whether to see The Eternals on Tuesday.  I hear it's a bad movie, but it's Marvel, and I want to be as completist as possible.  Now, can I wait till later in the month to see it?  I don't know.  But things have gotten so busy here that I might be willing to risk it.

Life.  Too complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment