Thursday, December 23, 2021

Cross Your Fingers ... I'm Hanging Out With Friends Tonight

In a couple hours I'll be doing what probably is The Longest Christmas Tradition I Have, hanging out with my friend at the Walker, then enjoying a large dinner.  This time, however, two other people -- one of whom I've known since elementary school, the other I may have hung out with a previous year when we've done this -- are tagging along.

Oh, and of course there's this COVID "thing."  Last year we did our thing remotely, through the phone and online.  It worked, but it wasn't the same, so we were looking forward to going back to "normal" this year.  Except, of course, we're still not back to normal, or even "normal."  And now with this Omicron variant sweeping the globe, what we are doing, I'm afraid, is risky.  At some point we all have to evaluate our risk tolerance, and by doing this, I am, well, taking a risk.  But while I can beat my chest about double-masking and being vaccinated and boosted, well, we are going to have dinner, where we're going to eat and talk and, of course, we'll have to do all that with our masks off.  Could we get it?  Definitely.

But I'm going anyway.  Cross your fingers that we have fun and suffer no consequences in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment