Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Mind Is Going

I want to balance my earlier, angry post with a self-flagellating one.

It was either last night or the night before where I saw NBC's promotional for the two NHL playoff games they're broadcasting over the weekend: Saturday at 1 Eastern (12 Central) and Sunday at 3 Eastern (2 Central). I mentally said to myself: "noon and 2, noon and 2..."

So I'm doing yard work today and then my Father wants me to help him out with some things and then I finish my Internet surfing where I see that the Bulls are actually leading the Celtics late in the game, so I get down with the computer and then I run up to watch the Cavaliers-Pistons game on ABC so I can get an update on the Celtics-Bulls score (and the Bulls upset the C's in overtime, by the way).

After I get that score, I start flipping around. Hey, wait a second, isn't there a playoff hockey game on? It's 2:45; is it still on, I ask myself. Yes, self replied, the game started at 1, go flip to NBC. And then I see a replay followed by rows and rows of red-clad Capitals fans leaving up the steps. The game's over; the Capitals lost. And I thought, no, wait, it was at noon.

Noon, 1 ... I ordered myself to remember the real times as late as last night, and I forget today. Yeah, yeah, I had shit to do, but dammit, how could I get the time wrong on a game if I knew I had to be careful not to forget it? I'm 33 and my mind is going on me.

And come to think of it, why in the hell didn't I just listen to my satellite radio for the end of the Celtics-Bulls game instead of waiting for a score on the TV? I am stupid, stupid, stupid...

No comments:

Post a Comment