Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Two Tales Of Regret (Waiting Too Long To Do Something Edition)

1) My Mother was helping establish accounts for my second cousins (her brother's kids).  She has asked me to help close the accounts.  She told me she set up accounts for both of them when they were really young but wanted to close them now that they're about to be adults.  She said she had put in thousands for them at the beginning; now, both accounts are worth hundreds.  We could have done something to avoid that. ...

2) When my mom and I returned from Tunica, she surreptitiously slipped in some cookies she took from one of the buffet dinners we had there.  I think I saw her take them from the buffet, just not tell me she was putting them in my bag.  Anyway, I think I said I'd eat them later.  Well, it's been a month, and I had not eaten them.  I had my chances, especially when I bought some 2% milk, but then I used it for cereal.  Don't know why, I just wanted cereal.  I promised myself I'd finally get around to eating those cookies, and by Buddha, tonight was the night.  But when I went to the dining room table to look for them, they were gone.  Either my Grandmother ate them for me ... or she or my mom threw them away.  And they were perfectly good cookies, too, we just needed someone to finally eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment