Sunday, April 5, 2009

Yelled At My Grandmother This Morning

Was working with my Mother for my Father while he's away. She runs off to do some shopping at some early bird specials so I fall back asleep. She opens my door about an hour and 45 minutes later asking me if I'm going with her or not. I get up, piss, get changed, grab my things and leave, all in a quick huff and with dazed eyes.

Meanwhile, we have a TV (sitting on a rolling stand) we watch while eating dinner in the dining room. It's kind of in an awkward spot: the threshold that separates the dining and living rooms. Moreover, the antenna and its two VHF antennae block the way. If you don't see it, you could run into it. I didn't see it this morning, so the damn antenna whips me on the head. Partly because I thought it could handle it but partly in anger, I push the antenna aside with my arm, but since I'm bigger than the poor, poor antenna, I knock the whole damn thing off the pedestal and onto its side on the ground.

My grandmother is at the dining table. This is not the best time for her to state the obvious like she always does. Yet she says: "Well, pick it up! Why did you push it over for?"

So I says: "You think I was just gonna fuckin' leave it there?"

She gets up and tells me to go to the minivan, where my mom's waiting. She picked it up.

Why do you have to say anything? And why do you have to joke around when I'm not in the mood for you to be joking around, or to hear you say anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment