Tuesday, June 14, 2011

OK, so just now my folks, while making dinner, called me out of my bedroom (while I was surfing and writing on my laptop) to point out the moldy ham in the small Tupperware container.  It is ham Grandmother bought.  It was also ham that was prominently placed in the front of the refrigerator at eye level.  They didn't call me out on not seeing it, but yeah, I saw it.

So, why didn't I throw it away while I had the chance?  I've seen this ham since the weekend.  What I envisioned was waiting for the right time to surreptitiously dump the ham.  But when?  I thought about doing it overnight, but then it would just be in the trash for an entire day for my parents to see ... and they'd get mad and yell, including at me.  In the morning or during the day?  My Grandmother might notice, and I don't want to embarrass her, plus my folks could see it once they get home and ... they'd get mad and yell, including at me.

So I just didn't do it.  And I put it out of my mind until just now, when they discovered the conspicuously spoiled ham in front of the fridge at eye level ... and they got mad and yelled at me.

Shit.  I just avoided trashing the ham because I didn't want to get yelled at, and I got yelled at anyway.  So I did I wait?  Why didn't I just throw away the ham as soon as I found it?

No comments:

Post a Comment