Thursday, November 10, 2011

This Is What Happened Three Weeks Ago Sunday

I was working the Vikings-Packers game on October 23. Since it was a late game, there was no reason for me to come home for dinner because chances are I was going to be late. So I had an opportunity to make a night of it.

But what to do? All the shit that's been going on prevents me from throwing money all over the place, but I've felt so crummy for so long that I want to do something, and damn the consequences.

I was going to be running all over the Twin Cities because I know I had one destination late at night: My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition). But what to do inbetween? I could either exercise at the gym ... or go down to the Megamall, walk around a bit there and call that exercise, and then maybe grab a cup of coffee and work on my computer. Although I had been getting fat and not taking advantage of the buy-two-months, get-three-months-free deal I received through the community center, it didn't sound like that much fun. And to add justification, I was going to cash in one of my winning tickets.

Well, what happened was I got to my car some time past 7:30, and after fighting through traffic and taking a quick nap, it was around 8 (I think, it's been so long) when I went into the mall. And then I realized it was Sunday. I think I thought that since this was the Mall of America it would be open later than most other malls on Sundays, around 9. But no, the stores close at 6, like any other mall on Sundays. And so I couldn't cash in the winning ticket. The choice of going to the mall was a big mistake.

So what the fuck do I do now? I would have to go from one end of the Twin Cities to the other in order to get to the gym, and by the time I got there I'd have less than an hour to work out, so that'd be a waste. But there was no reason to walk around the mall because nothing is open. So, despite the fact I had seconds at the post-game grub, I decided to indulge my urge of seeing beautiful women in tight clothing by dropping by Hooters and ordering a salad and beer. I was staring into a TV showing the New Orleans Saints beating the hell out of the Indianapolis Colts and wondering just what the hell am I doing here.

And I'm still fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment