Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Warmest Thanksgiving In 21 Years ... And I Was Inside

I haven't been able to just sleep in, both because of my late-night job and because of my anxiety over my Grandmother. I thought that would continue because I had a feeling my parents would not leave for The Store today and would just stay at home cooking Thanksgiving dinner; they didn't.

But you know, I think my internal clock decided it was OK to let my folks handle any crap that might go down with Grandmother. That's why I slept till 11:45. I had thoughts of waking up in the morning to either go get coffee and work online or, if I were even more ambitious, exercise in preparation for Thanksgiving. But I didn't, and I didn't care.

But maybe I should have. It officially reached 59 degrees outside. Perfect fall weather, and it would have been great to just walk around on a perfect fall day. However, I was only coaxed out by my Grandmother rapping on the outside of my window from the deck. Apparently she was walking around the front lawn, went through the side door and decided she wanted to come in through the back. I went outside to close the side door and realized that it really nice outside. Too bad I wanted to stay in and watch football, and then I had to help set the dinner table for the family and my brother and sister-in-law who dropped by.

The only time I enjoyed extended time outside was when I took the recyclables outside after dinner, around 6:30. It was night, but it was in the low fifties. With my long underwear, felt nice. Too bad there was no sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment