Friday, May 18, 2012

Car may be giving me problems again, or I could just be paranoid.  This feels like the first real hot day of the year, even though we've been warm virtually since the New Year.  The Twin Cities set a record high to day, breaking the previous mark of 91 degrees.

And I'm scared my car is reacting badly to it.  It sounds like it's wheezing when I try to accelerate.  It also makes this gurgled noise it has made after I run the air conditioning on it.  And now I'm afraid the radiator's going.  There's no smoke or leaking fluid or anything, I just remembered I haven't put in any antifreeze in some time.  Need to do that tomorrow.

And haunting all of this is the fact I need to replace the timing belt on my car soon.  It's the most expensive and yet most important part in my car.  I thought I had several thousand miles before I needed to replace it (assuming the number of miles I ran on the old belt is about the same mileage I should give the new one, although of course I'm trying to push it), but it's possible that all the running around I've done this year has accelerated that timetable.  If so, I'm in in a very bad way because I don't have a whole lot of extra money laying around for that repair.  All the money I make scoring could be going to fixing my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment