Saturday, May 5, 2012

Thank You, Sirius XM: Your New Online Player Now Actually Works!!!

Please note that at a quarter past the witching hour last night, I was at My Favorite Coffeehouse (Late-Night Edition) and tried to listen to satellite radio online.  Unlike before, I was not given a choice if I wanted to try the up-till-now broken beta player or the old one; now, I was automatically sent to the login screen for the new player.

Well, beta testing must be over, because on a whim I tried it, and the damn thing actually works!  It remembered my username and password, and I got on like a snap.  And better yet, the interface is vastly better than the version I've been forced to use.  No more vertical lines as slender as a model; they went back to the old school, the old-old version of the online player I used when I first got XM.  The channels are fat and horizontal.  Moreover, they have small graphics showing the albums of the songs currently playing on each channel.  I haven't figured out all the new quirks; I think I was automatically sent to recorded music because I had to switch to a "Listen Live" button, for example.  But I love it!

Laziness was the only reason I didn't complain to Sirius XM; only if I couldn't listen online for, like, a week would I call or contact them.  But good things come to those who wait, I guess.  I think I'm going to like this new online satellite radio player.  Finally, I don't have to bitch about Sirius XM anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment