Thursday, May 3, 2012

Having No Bed Is Fucking Up My Style

This shit is also pissing me off.  It's been just over a month since My Fucking Father woke me up on a Saturday morning and made me help him steal my bed almost literally from under me.  Ever since I've been sleeping in my sister's large (and, actually, quite comfy) bed in what used to be her room (which used to be a room my brother and I shared, which was originally intended to be my room only when the addition to the house was built, but that may or may not be another story), I've had to divide my team between my actual bedroom to watch TV and her room to sleep.

Watching TV and sleeping: The two things in my life I need the most.  One of the great joys I have is getting into my jammies, rolling into bed, turning on the TV and just laying there, wasting my day away.  I can't do that now.  Either I pass out in my bed without being able to watch television, or I watch television but have to sit upright on my chair that has no support for my back.  I don't like being forced to choose this way.

Using my computer has also turned into a quandary.  I usually use it in my bedroom, and it's OK, though the desk I put it on isn't wide enough for the end of the laptop, where I usually rest my hands, so I'm always afraid I'll push down on it and tip it over and have it injure my groin or something.  I can and have also used my computer in my sister's room, right next to my bed, but the arrangement there is a bit different.  There's an ottoman I actually sit on; there's a pink chair where I lay the laptop.  But I have to put the mouse and pad on the bed right next to me.  Whenever I have to use the mouse, I have to lift my arm up to my side to use it.  The arrangement is not ergonomically sound, and after I use it my hand and wrist hurts a lot.  Thus, I have limited the times I use my laptop there, and I haven't gotten around to using it somewhere else in my sister's bedroom.

What I've tried to do to is use my blanket and pillows from my old bed.  My Fucking Father did not take them to the nursing home, using her blanket and pillows from Grandmother's old bed instead.  (By the way, her old mattress and bedspring are now in the living room while My Fucking Father is busying renovating Grandmother's old bedroom.)  Right where my bed used to be I put the blanket down on the floor and arranged the pillows around it.  I then framed a nightstand and a box filled with newspapers, so that if I ever do turn on the TV and manage to fall asleep on the floor, my head could eventually rest on either backstops if the pillows don't do the trick.

I have yet to manage to fall asleep, though.  I'm still having trouble getting the antenna in the right position to get Channel 11.  I can't really get Channel 9, either.  That means that late night I get Letterman and then Kimmel.  Not too bad, but if Fallon or even Daly are good, I would to have the option of watching that instead.

This will all change in August.  That's when my cousin gets married.  My sister and brother-in-law will come from Europe, and they'll have to get their bedroom for the weekend.  I assume My Fucking Father has some damn plan for where I can lay my head, one that's good enough to use permanently.  I assume. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment