Saturday, February 16, 2013

Not My Proudest Moment

Felt like I wanted to eat something (even though I'm fat and I ate something at Xcel tonight to watch both the Swarm and the Minnesota RollerGirls lose), but I had no money.  However, I had 50 cents to eat a donut from the gas station across the street from the coffeeshop I'm blogging this from, Caffetto.  At least that's what it said on the ... price thingy.

But when I go up to the counter, the guy tells me the cake donut I have in my hand, the one I thought was 49 cents plus tax, is actually $1.19.  He said the donuts with holes are 49 cents.  But the card in the donut said it's the other way around: Donuts with holes are $1.19, ones that are not are 49 cents.

I wasn't paying that much money for the donut I have, so I volunteered to put it back.  But I guess that isn't the cleanest thing to do, even if I was holding the donut with a cookie sheet.  So he told me to put it on the counter, off to the side.  I did.  Hope the two people in line behind me didn't judge me.

But for God's sake I swear the donut I had was 49 cents!

No comments:

Post a Comment