Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Goddamn Researcher Reeled Me In!!!

So I'm calling and e-mailing all these research studies to see if they need anybody, all in an effort to raise money for myself.  (The more I think about it, the more I'm glad I've been able to stick with this new hearing experiment.  Should blog about that soon.)  Several fish bit, including one from this navigation study that, frankly, I don't remember specifically contacting anyone about or even remember, seeing that I've been doing so many of these.

And I don't remember if we've had one back-and-forth via e-mail, because the e-mail I remember reading from the researcher says that I appear to be eligible.  Great.  Do you know your way around the building where the experiment will be held?  Yes, absolutely, it's the one where the hearing lab is, in fact.

That's where she fucking baited me like a fish!!!  She quickly replied, "Oh, for this navigation study we need people who don't know their way around the building.  Sorry."

Are you fucking kidding me?!?!?!  Oh my fucking God, I was assuming that she wanted to know if I knew my way around a building that is kind of funky (each floor zigs and zags and aren't numbered in order, plus this particular building is two towers, and if you don't know if you need to go to the north side or the south side you could be confused for some time).  But she actually was looking for people who didn't know.  Answering in the affirmative was a deal-breaker, something I've never had to deal with before.  It was all a fucking trap!!  She took money out of my wallet by tricking me!!!

Although, from her perspective it's kind of necessary.  And kind of clever, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment