Saturday, February 9, 2013

Questions I'll Hear For Chinese New Year's Eve

Came home today from "work" (well, actually work, if you count working at the hearing lab at the U. again work, and my wallet tells me it is) to see that my parents pulled apart the dining table to add the extension in the middle.  That means that we in fact won't be going out for Chinese New Year's Eve tonight (Saturday night) and instead will invite my brother and sister-in-law here.

Oh great, a lot of questions my sister-in-law will ask.  The only I don't want to hear that she will inevitably say: "So, when are you closing The Store?"  Once I hear that I will bolt up and run into my bedroom, plugging my ears and saying "BLAH-BLAH-BLAH, I'M NOT HEARING THIS!!!!!!!!!"  Well, I won't, but I will want to.

There might be other questions she'll ask.  One I'm kind of dreading: "What are you doing these days?"  And then I'll remember that I'm lying to my parents and that I'm not working right now, and that I'll soon turn 37 and will still be living at home with them, which is pathetic, even though it's a cruel world out there.

And since it's Chinese New Year's I get to it this vegetarian shit for the next month.  Don't tell me your mouth ain't waterin' after you take a look at this!

Happy Fuckin' Chinese New Year's.

No comments:

Post a Comment